Monday, June 7, 2010

Foro Romano e Colosseo

Tempio di Saturno/Via Sacra/arch of Septimius Severus (considered really low art, aka crap)/Rape of the Sabines in the Curia/Forum Transitorium/at the Foro Romano/Octavian Augustus/Colluseum

Roman Forum today. Then the Colluseum... I guess worth seeing once, but I've seen so many photos of it that seeing the outside was kind of enough. Our Forum tickets worked to get in so we went in to check it out anyway. On our way in LeAnne got quizzed by a rude tour guide on her S.P.Q.R. tattoo. "What does it mean?" "Senatus Populusque Romanus." "What does that mean?" "The Senate and people of Rome." "Oh, okay." I was annoyed at the man (because, hi, not all people with tattoos are idiots. Most people that are tattooed, especially heavily, didn't get them during a drunken night in Amsterdam or something) and said, "Do you REALLY think she would get something tattooed if she didn't know what it meant?"

It was very hot that day.

2 comments:

Laurent said...

My fav pic of the day would be the one of the Via Sacra. And I am still amazed by the warmth of the light in the other posted pics. I can feel a daily parfum of Italy :)

Kt D said...

The photo is so simple but the Via Sacra is actually really amazing. I'm glad that you like it :)